The Millennial Solution: Sawubona Leadership to Engage Every Generation
How do you ENGAGE MILLENNIALS so they go beyond expectations to invest in themselves, their work and the mission of the organization?
With a worldview radically different from their predecessors, millennials are forcing an evolution in leadership needed to bring a divided world together through their solution, Sawubona—an intention to see each other for our gifts and our purpose in the world. Sawubona Leadership is a revolutionary way of working being used around the globe. It emerged from millennials, and is taken from a Zulu word referring to “see the best gifts” that each of us carries inside. With leaders today having to work more hours with more pressure to succeed, unless they learn to harness the natural gifts of their people to help them anticipate change and stay competitive, they will find it impossible to succeed in an increasingly volatile, uncertain, and complex world of business.
- Discover the three most important things that millennials want from a job and life.
- Learn the skills of Sawubona that engage employees, especially millennials, so they are innovative and self-directed.
- Learn practices for developing competencies needed today to lead employees to their success and yours.
Why Intellect Is Not Enough to Be a Successful Leader in the 21st Century
With automation taking over people’s jobs, how will you help your PEOPLE COMPETE WITH ROBOTS so they’re irreplaceable leaders?
Artificial intelligence is everywhere, whether it’s Waze giving you directions or Alexa as your personal assistant. Yes, robots are replacing people. So what makes you different than a robot? What value do you bring that Alexa can’t?
Successful leaders know that it takes more than knowledge, intellect, or even experience to thrive. If you’re only operating from your intellect, you’re using one-third of the capacity available to you. Scientists have discovered that vast untapped intelligences exist in our hearts and bodies. Tapping into these intelligences are critical to a leader’s success in the 21st century so they use their intuition when making decisions, sense what’s around the corner when there are few hard facts to guide them, and think not just outside-the-box but where there is none. Developing all three of our intelligences gives them the capacity to do what bots can’t!
- Discover how to tap into and integrate the intelligence of your head, heart, and body so you have the capacity to thrive as a leader in a time where the only constant is change.
- Discover the five “Leadership Capabilities” needed and learn to develop those capabilities in yourself and your people so you stay ahead of the curve.
- Experience through somatic practices how to fully engage others, especially millennials, so they are innovative, self-led, and anticipate change.
LEADERSHIFTS: Warning! May Be Hazardous to the Status Quo
What if your people had the leadership capabilities to ANTICIPATE CHANGE so you STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE?
In this ever-changing world, leaders know that to compete you can’t be on the cutting-edge. You must redefine the edge. That means anticipating change, innovating the next best thing, and making decisions in a shorter timeframe without all the information. Unless leaders make the shift to develop within themselves and their people capabilities that were once considered important for only those in leadership roles, their people will not have the abilities to anticipate change and their companies will not sustain long-term success in the 21st century. Discover the LeaderShifts you must make to thrive as a leader and achieve and sustain success.
- Learn the realities facing leaders today.
- Discover “LeaderShifts”—an evolution in the way leaders think and act to achieve and sustain success.
- Learn to make the shift by developing in your people the Leadership Capabilities needed to stay ahead of the curve.
When Bad Behavior Is a Good Sign
What if a person’s MISBEHAVIOR IS ACTUALLY A GIFT trying to be seen?
When an employee misbehaves, they are showing you their gift and what they’re capable of. When approached from this standpoint, results for individual performance are more than compliance, but transformational for the employee, leader, and organization. Acknowledging an employee’s gifts even in bad behavior, instead of judging and lecturing them, can produce amazing results like cultural turnarounds, 50% sales increases, and job promotion. Explore the “Gift-Centered Approach” used successfully in over 30 countries.
- Discover how to see the gifts in misbehavior and transform them into something good.
- Learn practices to stop being triggered by bad behavior and respond from a more grounded and centered place.
- Develop a communication style to open the conversation to one of learning, growing, and collaborating through the language of gifts.
From Engagement to Commitment: Story, Gifts, and Purpose
How do you ATTRACT THE BEST PEOPLE to your volunteer organization so they’re MORE THAN ENGAGED VOLUNTEERS OR MEMBERS, THEY ARE COMMITTED ADVOCATES for your cause?
Being socially conscious and making a difference are important for so many, especially millennials. With so many volunteer groups to choose from, how do you separate yourself from the others? How do you inspire people to join your cause or mission? How do you retain members so they’re motivated to contribute their talents and resources because they see how what they’re doing is making a difference in the group’s mission? How do you continue to develop them so they grow and are inspired to take on leadership roles? Learn three of the most powerful ways to make this kind of impact.
- Discover the power of STORY to transform people from interested to committed individuals who join your mission.
- Learn the power of GIFTS and their capacity to engage members so they’re motivated to contribute to the success of your mission.
- Experience the deep commitment of PURPOSE to open the door to people going beyond what is expected to invest in themselves, their work, and the greater good that your group serves.